Dr Rajesh Kazi Shrestha’s business journey started 4 decades ago. Since then he has come a long way. His hard work has been recognized with various medals and token of appreciation by the Government of Nepal for his contribution in the business sector of Nepal. He is honored as Commercially Important Person (CIP). He also received Doctorate honored by International Journal of Non-Aligned Countries & Foreign Policy Research Institute (FPRI). He is a former Assistant Minister of Ministry of Industry, Commerce & Supplies. He is currently the Honorary Consul of Vietnam in Nepal and the President of Nepal Chamber of Commerce.
Dr. Rajesh Kazi Shrestha holds the following positions in different associations and organizations:
|President||Nepal Chamber of Commerce|
|Honorary Consul||Socialist Republic of Vietnam|
|Former Assistant Minister||Ministry of Industry, Commerce & Supplies|
|Board of Director||Soaltee Hotel Limited, Crown Plaza|
|Vice President||Silk Road Chamber of International Commerce|
|Vice President||World Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (WASME)|
|Board Member||Investment Board of Nepal, Nepal Government|
|Board Member||Board of Trade|
|Board Member||Nepal Intermodal Transport Development Board|
|Co Chair||Export Promotion and Trade Facilitation Committee, Nepal Business Forum (NBF)|
|Member Committee||Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) National Steering|
|Member||High level Economic Diplomacy and Coordination Committee|
|Patron||Nepal-Russia Chamber of Commerce and Industry|
|Patron||Nepal-Vietnam Chamber of Commerce & Industry|
|Chief Advisor||Export Council of Nepal (ECON)|
|Advisor||Education Consultancy Association of Nepal (ECAN)|
|Advisor||PET Products & Closure Manufacturer Association of Nepal|
|Honorary Member||Nepal China Chamber of Commerce & Industry|
|Honorary Member||Nepal-Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry|
|Honorary Member||Nepal-Sri Lanka Chamber of Commerce and Industry|
|Honorary Member||Nepal-Italy Chamber of Commerce and Industry|
|Honorary Member||Nepal-Myanmar Chamber of Commerce and paIndustry|
|Former Senator||Tribhuvan University|
|Former Trustee||King Mahendra Trust for Nature Conservation|
|Former Board of Director||Trade Promotion Centre, Nepal Government|
|Former Chairman||8th South Asian Federation Game, Hospitality Committee, Kathmandu|
|Former President||Nepal Weightlifting Association|
|Former Executive Member||Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce & Industry|
|Former Executive Member||Nepal Foreign Trade Association|
|Former Executive Member||Hotel Association of Nepal|
|Former Executive Member||Nepal Olympic Committee|
“Honours and Awards”
- Decorated with HM King’s Accession to the Throne Silver Jubilee Celebration Medal 1996 by His Majesty King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev.
- Honored with the Letter of Honor by the Rt. Hon’ble PM Girija Prasad Koirala for the regular 10 year service at the Executive Committee of Nepal Chamber of Commerce, 1996.
- Honoured with the Letter of Honour and Doshalla by Rt. Hon’ble PM Surya Bahadur Thapa on behalf of the World Hindu Federation, 1997.
- Decorated with Prabal Gorakha Dakshin Bahu-1997 by His Majesty King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev on the auspicious occasion of His Majesty’s 53th Birthday Anniversary.
- Honoured with Udyog Ratna-1999 by the Institute of Economic Studies, Delhi, India.
- Decorated with Prakhyat Trishakti Patta-1999 by His Majesty King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev on the auspicious occasion of His Majesty’s 55th Birth Anniversary.
- Honoured by the Rt. Hon’ble PM Sher Bahadur Deuba as Youth Enterpreneur, Industrialist and Social Worker on Behalf of the National Honour and Development Center, 2001.
- Decorated with the Birendra-Aishwarya Sewa Padak-2001 by His Majesty King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev.
- Awarded by the Medal and Letter of Honour by His Majesty King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev for the Excellent Contribution in Nepalese Industry, Commerce and Chamber Movement, 2002.
- Decorated with the Suprabal Gorkha Dakshin Bahu Third-2002 by His Majesty King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev on the occasion of His Majesty’s 56th Birth Anniversary.
- Decorated with the Bikhyat Trishakti Patta Third-2005 by His Majesty King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev on the occasion of His Majesty’s 59th Birth Anniversary.
- Decorated with Su Prabal Jansewa Shree by Rt. Honourable President of Nepal, Bidya Devi Bhandari, 2017.
- Honoured as Commercially Important Person (CIP) by Rt. Honourable Prime Minister of Nepal K P Sharma Oli for outstanding contribution in the national economy through Industry & Commerce sectors, 2019.